Staff Accountant Job Description
Full or Part-Time
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing general accounting support single entity / domestic operations in the US. This position is primarily responsible for full cycle general accounting duties including a strong emphasis on Month End Close, Balance Sheet reconciliations and Financial Reporting & Analysis to the CEO / CFO. The Staff Accountant will work closely with management and uses their analytical skills to help the Executive and Management teams run their business more efficiently.
The right candidate should have a great attitude, be highly motivated and independent with a superior attention to detail and a passion for fast – paced, exciting work environment. They desire to work both independently and with others across all parts of the Company while being able to maintain composure under pressure. The candidate is a self-driven, goal-oriented professional that has a sense of urgency and desire to improve processes to get things done. They will deliver results through effective time management and organization while aligning all efforts in support of the Company Core Values.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (supported by fractional CFO & team):
- Performs general accounting duties including maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Supports month end closing of financial statements as outlined by the closing schedule including the preparation and distribution of consolidated and individual financials to upper management and Executive Team.
- Responsible for weekly bank account reconciliations and Balance Sheet reconciliations for assigned locations.
- Analyze information and data by developing spreadsheets and/or other reports as needed to resolve differences or variances.
- Analyze expenditures to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Ensure accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner including weekly/as needed bank deposits.
- Review and manage weekly sales and cash entries at the store level with timely investigation of abnormalities.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not limited to HR, sales, Marketing, and Operations to research and resolve accounting issues
- Sorting and filing paperwork according to company records and retention policy.
- Ad Hoc reporting as requested from upper management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Minimum of two year of experience with full accounting cycle.
- Experience in the recruiting & staffing industry a plus
- Quickbooks Accounting Software experience also a plus.
- Must be resourceful and demonstrate initiative with an established bias for action in a team environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Required)
- Minimum 2 years in an accounting role (full cycle preferred)
Pay based on Experience / Inquire with:
Andy McCall / Managing Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 512.444.6400
MLee Healthcare Staffing and Recruiting, Inc
512.795.2000 x99 / mlee.com